labels

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Strawberry My Favorite Fruit

           This Strawberry makes me go crazy,  it's the only fruit that I used to miss so much when i haven't eat it for a while.  When I think of it I got a very watery mouth...hmm very delicious specially icecream flavored it.  Here in our country Baguio City produces most of the strawberry because of the climate.  When choosing strawberry have the full red colored and avoid that are uncolored.  Here are some facts about my fav fruit Strawberry. 
  • According to Dr. Barry Sears in his book 100 zone foods " a strawberry is superstar when it comes to anti-oxidant power".  
  • 1 cup of strawberries gives 140% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C.
  • Research shows that flavonoids quercitin and kaempferol keep bad cholesterol from oxidizing and damaging the artery's wall.
  •  Strawberry also contains ellagic acid which act as scavenger to bind cancer-causing chemicals making them inactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment