labels

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pahiyas Festival 2011

Last May 15, 2011 me and my fellow young professional photographer went out for a  photo-walk at Lucban, Quezon Province in there prestigious Pahiyas Festival. This is my first time to joined this kind of event and  I was very excited about it.  We leave Manila past 3 in the morning and we got there around 7 in the morning. 


The Pahiyas Festival is celebrated during the feast day of the town's patron saint San Isidro Labrador. This is the day of Thanksgiving to its patron saint. They decorates there houses with fruits, vegetables and the harvest of the town. 
Kiping is the most famous of all it is made of rice flour and a colored thin sheet shaped like a leave it can also be eaten after grilled in a flame with oil.



































They called this Kiping.












 


I do had a great time in this Pahiyas, 2011 though 'twas very hot and need to walked longer than I think still it pays with so much satisfactions.


Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment